Friday, January 11, 2008

Croissants



If it was your first time in Paris, what would you have for breakfast? Before you answer that, coffee is out of the question and so is ham....now what would you have? If you said a croissant then keep reading. To be fair I never had an Almond Croissant and I am sad.

Pan du Chocolat and a Plain Croissant were just what the doctor ordered. Buttery, flakey and a touch of sweetness were the three things my lips, tongue and mouth told my brain. The pan du chocolat actually had a chocolate ganache in the center, not chocolate chips or a nasty chocolate mush! This was the real McCoy! After I inhaled both pieces I had the pure joy of licking my fingers; after all it was buttery, flakey and sweet.

No matter which boulangerie you get a croissant or pan du chocolat in Paris, it is bound to be delicious. Notice the crumbs on my shirt.

No comments: