Sunday, October 14, 2007

Louisiana Flair


I am a fan of mom and pop places. The food is generally authentic and tastes really good. I look for food explosions to happen on my tongue and ladies and gents it did here. Since my step-mother was not around, I figured it was okay to eat my dessert first. My friend, well she had to be convinced it was okay. So a small piece of bread pudding with wiskey sauce arrived shortly after ordering. The sauce looked like melted butter and as long as it was butter I was a happy little boy.

It was yummy, the raisins were plump and the sauce did not taste overpowering. My friend? Well she thought it was tight, but not as in good; as in dense. We both prefer bread pudding that needs to be spooned out rather then cut. BUT! It still was very good.

The fries tasted like the oil was fresh. PLUS!!!! My catfish poyboy served with mayo, lettuce, tomato, grilled peppers and mushrooms was mouthwatering. The bread, was fresh with a crunch to the outside. The slaw was mayo based and fresh, who knew this damn yankee would love catfish. I thought this little place on Grace Street was a gold mine and I will be back with more friends.

Honestly, some of the best service I have experienced in Richmond.

No comments: