Friday, July 6, 2007

Slanted Door


The best Vietnamese Restaurant in Town!
Oh it is so delicious!
You will love it!
The previous three brief statements are what I heard before I went to the Slanted Door. My old roommate was Vietnamese and I have eaten is at some great restaurants so I had my reservations about an "Upscale Vietnamese" Restaurant. If you can go you should. No more sitting on plastic covered chairs, not more cheap table cloths. Sure you still have cloth napkins and chop sticks, but the condiments on the table are a thing of the past at Slanted Door. PLUS! You have a view of the watersince it is located in San Francisco's Ferry Building. From the Clay Pot Chicken with a scrumcious carmel sauce to the Japanese eggplant, you cannot go wrong. The eggplant was tender the chicken juicy. The servers are all smiles, it seems everyone is happy happy to work at the Slanted Door. Try the Alaskan Halibut with a spicy giner fish sauce (I warned you), Caramelized Prawns with a chili sauce and the Dirty Girl Haricots Verts for all you dirty girls. The five of left feeling full, but not stuffed and hungry in 30 minuters.

1 comment:

AZT said...

I came across your blog by doing a random search for the San Francisco area and found it very entertaining. I love readin restaurant reviews really...er, amongst other more substantial hobbies. Slanted door is an absolute favorite of mine so this caught my eye...also how did I manage to get in there? I felt terrible only the other week as I wanted to take a friend their for his birthday dinner (his favorite restaurant) but the only reservations I could get...the earliest was more than three weeks away! That...would not have worked out needless to say.
Anyhow, I simply wanted to let you know that I found this to be a great blog.
Cheers.