Saturday, August 11, 2007

Range


Simplicity, Fresh Ingredients, Knowledgeable Service encompasses the experience I found at Range in the Mission. The restaurant is slightly narrow, with the main dining room in the back (a little loud at times, especially if there is a loud mouth woman behind your table). Mirrors adorn the walls so those facing the wall can see around the restaurant. Our server helped us out from the cocktails to our entrees and it was an explosion of delight with every bite. If you like spirts then you need to try the Dark and Stormy, I liken it to an Arnold Palmer with a BIG kick!

Heirloom Tomatoes with Sheep's Milk Ricotta and Basil Oil - so soft yet firm tomatoes, the basil oil is to die for
Roasted Chicken with a sausage, gypsy pepper and cornbread dressing, lemon herb jus - who knew chicken could taste so good
Slow Cooked Pork Chop with Peruvian Beans, Broccoli Rabe and Herb Glaze - Let me tell you that you will not want to share this and the Herb Glaze you may want to drink in a glass. YES! It was that good. Fear not, the beans taste like little potatoes.

For dessert, Bittersweet chocolate - armagnac souffle. I have never had a souffle. It came out as I imagined, in a souffle cup, so delicately risen over the lip. I skipped the bittersweet sauce and oh heaven, it was as thought I was eatting whipped chocolate.

I would run back for the opportunity to eat at Range, well once a month since the menu changes often.

No comments: