Saturday, September 22, 2007

Southern Railway Deli

Do not be fooled by the name, there is nothing southern about this place and I am thankful for that everytime I go. There are a lot of options: sandwiches, salads, pasta, pizza, dessert. Walk up to the section you want, tell them what you want, how you want it and voila in 10 minutes or less you are walking to pay for your meal. I love the pasta options, always al dente. Talk about the salads, just like in NYC. Choose your base, and meat and then go for the rest. ENJOY!

It will not break the bank either. You can grab a seat and people watch if you like or take your food to go. I am so greatful that these people opened their doors and speaking of open, they stay open til midnight 3 nights a week. In Shockoe Slip? WHAT???

1 comment:

Meade Skelton Haufe said...

Excuse me, but what do you mean by that?
So you dont like Southern food? Its some of the best this side of heaven!


I love sweet tea and all of that. I think thats a ridiculous thing to say.

And it is Southern because they have plenty of hospitality at the place. And thats very Richmond..